Sextant Wines is a family owned and operated winery based in Paso Robles, CA. Sextant Wines is known for their award-winning Zinfandel's and very special Bordeaux blend. The Estate Winery is in Paso Robles, while Edna Valley is home to our Historic Tasting Room and Gourmet Deli and finally, our Administrative offices are nestled in downtown San Luis Obispo -soon transitioning to Paso Robles. The winery is growing and needs an energetic and efficient Wine Club Assistant with strong customer service skills to join their team.
WINE CLUB ASSISTANT
Under the direction of the Wine Club Manager, the Wine Club Assistant at Sextant Wines is responsible for being a proactive part of the winery wine club and concierge team. Responsibilities include customer service via telephone and email, wine club sales, data entry, wine club support, and other administrative tasks. Provides best in class customer service and interfaces with customers daily. Has a track record of success in selling wine directly to consumers over the phone, email, or in person. This full-time position requires 40 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday, with occasional evening events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Generate sales through in-bound calls and emails. Leverage customer service interactions into selling opportunities
* Provide best in class customer service
* Resolve customer issues regarding shipments and wine club experiences, including making special arrangements, in a mature and professional manner
* Nurture customer relationships through phone and email channels. Gather insight from customer interaction to help develop new products, services and customer benefits.
* Serve as liaison between the wine club department and the tasting room; ensuring high quality customer service for our shared customers
* Assist in the tasting room during high season as needed
* Assist with hosting wine club and tasting room events
* Maintain log of customer contacts and ongoing customer data maintenance
* Contribute creative ideas for sales promotions, club acquisition, retention strategies and future club benefits
* Assist in proofing email communications and wine club newsletters
* Take reservations on a regular basis
* Project a professional company image through in-person, phone and email interaction
* Must be willing to work in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles offices
* 2+ years in customer service, marketing, or direct to consumer wine sales experience
* Must be 21 years of age or older
* Provide excellent verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
* Knowledge of the wine industry a plus
* Previous wine club experience a plus
* Ability to work weekdays, Saturdays, holidays, and some occasional evenings for events
* Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, the Internet and computer aptitude
* Ability to learn new software
* Discretion with confidential information
* Must have ability to multitask, work well under pressure and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
* Excellent organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
* Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
* Work independently within set guidelines
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
* Position operates primarily in a professional office environment
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
* Must be able to occasionally lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
Location: Paso Robles | San Luis Obispo
Company Name: Sextant Wines
Type of Work: Full-Time
Contact: Send cover letter and resumes to Careers @ Sextant Wines . com
No phone calls or walk-ins will be considered.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers