The City of Paso Robles is hiring for Part Time Staff Assistant in Community Services.
Multiple positions available!
Application Deadline: Friday, October 12, 2018 at 5:00PM
Tentative Interview Date: Thursday, November 1, 2018
APPLY ONLINE: www.prcity.com/jobs
Under general direction, performs various duties including support for recreational activities, customer service, and a variety of clerical functions.
Under general supervision, this position in the Community Services Department will be responsible for, but not be limited to, the following:
• Opening/closing the Centennial Park facility in support of user groups.
• Set up and take down of special event chairs, tables, and other equipment as needed.
• Assisting with patron needs and safety, and cleanliness of the facility.
• Processing class registrations and facility reservations.
• Overseeing and attending to recreation programs and events at City recreation facilities and parks.
• Overseeing the facility and ensuring users conform to established City policies and procedures.
• Greeting the public, responding to questions concerning schedules and programs.
• Assisting with or leading recreational activities under the general direction of higher-level staff.
The selected candidate must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends (including Sunday mornings), and holidays.
• Basic computer skills.
• Recreation services and programs.
• Basic custodial/maintenance practices.
• Safe work practices and regulations.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Work well with all ages and segments of the community and relate to the public in a positive manner.
• Keep accurate records.
• Communicate effectively with staff and the public.
• Lift up to 55 pounds (greater than 55 pounds with assistance), perform sustained physical labor and work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be equivalent to graduation from high school and one year of similar experience which would provide the required skills and abilities.
Possession of a valid Class C California Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record.
Applications will be reviewed for accuracy, completeness and job related qualifications. A limited number
of persons whose applications clearly demonstrate they most closely meet the requirements may be
invited to participate in the selection process which may be any combination of written, oral, and/or
Appointment is subject to successfully passing a pre-employment physical, and background and criminal
history check. Before starting work, applicants must present documentation of their identity, authorization
to work in the United States and a DMV driving record. The City of Paso Robles participates in E-Verify (more
information can be found at www.PRCity.com/Jobs. Following appointment, a twelve-month probationary
period may be required as the final phase of the appointment process.
Each applicant must submit a completed City employment application by October 12, 2018 at 5:00 PM,
POSTMARKS NOT ACCEPTED. Persons interested in applying can do so online at www.PRCity.com/Jobs. If
you are unable to apply online, please contact Human Resources at (805) 227-7234 or Jobs@PRCity.com.
Resumes, while encouraged, will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. All statements made
in the application materials are subject to verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification
All application submissions must be signed. The email address you provide on the City application will be
the primary means of communication the City will use to contact you regarding your application and this
Vacation: Proportional to the number of hours worked.
Sick Leave: Proportional to the number of hours worked.
Holidays: Proportional to the number of hours worked.
Apply Online at www.prcity.com/jobs
ALL PERSONS EMPLOYED BY THE CITY OF PASO ROBLES ARE DESIGNATED AS "DISASTER SERVICE WORKERS" AS DEFINED IN THE CALIFORNIA GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 3100 AND 3101. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, AND HANDICAPPED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS BULLETIN DO NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers