compensation: DOE employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Clinical Therapist will provide a range of services including individual and family therapy, case management, and crisis intervention. Services are provided across many settings including clinic, home, school, and the community. Service times are based on the needs of the clients, will often include evenings, and may include weekends. The Clinical Therapist must be available to field client crises M-TH 9am-7pm and F 9am-5pm. Clinical supervision will be provided.
Sample of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide individual and family services to clients assigned by the Program Supervisor. Services may entail providing both traditional therapy and therapeutic interventions in a clinic or other professional setting. It may also involve providing behavioral interventions to individuals and/or families in more non-traditional environments such as the family home or school.
• Work closely to link families with needed resources appropriate to the Client Plan.
• Interview assigned clients at the agency, BWell clinic, in their home, and at their school as appropriate.
• Participate in case conferences, psychiatric medication evaluations, IEPs, CFTs, TDMs, and other relevant meetings to support clients in a holistic manner.
• Maintain the level of direct and billable service activity that will be determined by the Program Supervisor.
• Foster interagency relationships with other members of the BWell treatment team and other relevant government agencies and community-based organizations.
• Therapist must be registered with the BBS as an Associate MFT, an LCSW Associate, or a LPC Associate; or a Licensed Clinician.
• Excellent clinical, interpersonal, analytical, computer, written, and verbal communication skills required.
• Professional attitude, ability to enjoy teamwork, and the ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
• Medi-Cal documentation experience preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
Classification, Hours and Pay Rate:
• Position is full-time, non-exempt, with benefits. (Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan. Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave also offered.)
• Rate of pay is DOE.
Family Service Agency’s north county DBA is Santa Maria Valley Youth and Family Center (SMVYFC). FSA/SMVYFC has long been regarded as one of Santa Barbara County’s most reliable and effective nonprofit human service organizations. Our mission is to strengthen and advocate for families and individuals of all ages and diversities, helping to create and preserve a healthy community. We are committed to providing services where they are needed most: in the community. Eighty percent of our services are delivered on school campuses, at community centers and in clients’ homes. Our programs, which serve more than 25,000 people annually, combine clinical expertise, bilingual and bicultural staff, and close collaboration with other agencies. At FSA, all services are provided free or on a sliding fee/donation scale and no one is denied assistance because of an inability to pay.
To apply for this position, it is highly recommended that you submit both a cover letter and resume. Please reply to this ad, and/or you may also send your materials to:
Family Service Agency
123 West Gutierrez St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers