Come work for us in San Luis Obispo County, CA. We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to work for an established and successful manufacturer with multiple U.S. locations. We are seeking a talented and skilled leader with excellent communication skills and experience in manufacturing operations management. Our company manufactures custom made, high quality products for national and global consumer brands. Our company has been established and profitable for over 50 years.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Operations Manager will supervise the day-to-day activities of production and manufacturing operations to meet company objectives and goals, while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction. Strong leadership skills will be required to lead and coach the team through all aspects of the production operation, from daily tasks to the extraordinary challenges encountered in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Operations Manager will identify areas to improve operations while reducing waste and costs to exceed key performance indicators, by using proven methodologies and knowledge of evolving industry trends.
• Supervises the daily activities of assigned staff, providing instructions and performance feedback to ensure that productivity and quality objectives are met or exceeded
• Develops and monitors operations plans, labor schedules, inventories and maintenance activities
• Quickly identifies and resolves process and equipment problems using available resources
• Leverages strong leadership skills, comfort level with changes, and ability to lead by example
• Uses solid interpersonal skills and team orientation
• Implements approaches to improve quality and productivity by developing new ideas, improving processes, and planning for upcoming equipment or process changes
• Routinely informs and communicates with employees to promote smooth operations, enhance their understanding of company policies and objectives, and to ensure compliance with established production policies and procedures
• Adheres to food safety, quality, health and environmental standards of the facility and legal compliance
• Willingness to work, as needed, occasional evening shifts and some weekends
• Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary
• College degree in manufacturing, engineering, or business administration from an accredited vocational, technical, or college institution.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment with lead or supervisory experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Manufacturing concepts and methodologies
• Budgetary concepts and procedures
• Engineering concepts and procedures
• Quality concepts and procedures
• MS Office software, word processing/spreadsheet software
• Supervise and motivate employees in a team-based environment
• Identify problems or irregularities for early resolution
• Communicate effectively with employees and customers verbally and in writing
• Work effectively with a focus on high levels of quality, safety and customer service
• Act in accordance with company’s values and creed
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is a plus
This is a full-time position.
• Medical insurance
• Dental and vision insurance
• 401K retirement plan
• Paid time off
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!