TYPICAL TASKS: Under the supervision of the Administrative Office Manager and in coordination with the Billing Clerk, performs the following tasks:
QR Code Link to This Post
1. Maintains automated (computerized) accounting systems including cash disbursements; accounts payable, general ledger tracking and processing journal entries.
2. Prepares monthly bank reconciliation; investigates and resolves discrepancies.
3. Responsible for maintaining, compiling, summarizing and reporting statistics and records used in preparation of reports, including monthly and quarterly cash, savings and financial investment activity, cash disbursement ledger, and accounting for Capital Projects.
4. Performs reception and administrative support activities which include assisting customers to gain access to services; answers telephones, screens and directs call and refers to appropriate individuals for handling; answers questions from the public and inquiries relating to policies and procedures.
5. On a backup basis, performs the general duties of the Billing Clerk as related to customer service and billing entry if required.
6. Maintains computerized sewer will-serve log system tracking new project developments; issuance of sewer will-serve letters; monitoring and tracking of time lines; arranging and coordinating sewer connection and field inspections with operations and maintenance staff; and maintaining liaison relationship with County Department of Planning and Building staff. Prepares and issues, for Managers approval, various inspection permits, compliance certificates, grants of licenses, will-serve letters, and processes documentation to be filed for legal recordation.
7. Maintains contractor's pre-qualifications, certificates of liability, and other contractor materials.
8. Keeps and maintains a variety of records, journals, ledgers, reports and files.
9. Assists with preparation and compilation of meeting agendas and reports, and posting of legal notices and public meetings.
10. Maintains and reconciles Petty Cash.
11. Assists in compiling and summarizing statistics and records used in the preparation of reports.
12. Performs other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge of: Methods, practices and terminology used in financial accounting, clerical and secretarial work involving the activities of a public or governmental agency; correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; and office procedures, practices and equipment.
Ability to: Make arithmetical calculations with speed and accuracy; type and operate automated office equipment including facsimile, electronic copier, calculator (10 key, certified minimum 10,000 KPH with 99% accuracy is highly desirable), personal computer, and other modern office equipment; work under pressure; sustain close visual and mental attention in the performance of routine work; follow oral and written instructions; speak and write clearly, concisely and effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships; and maintain good customer relations. Prior knowledge of and experience in APN's, GIS Maps, also highly desirable.
Must be high school graduate, or possess a G.E.D. certificate. Must have a minimum of five years of increasingly responsible experience in bookkeeping and accounting (up to one year of successful completion of study or certificate of proficiency in bookkeeping or accounting from an accredited institution may substitute for one year of job-related experience). The bookkeeping or accounting experience must demonstrate performance of a broad range of activities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll and fringe benefits.
Experience in the use of computer systems including word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft software, and QuickBooks) is required. Previous experience working with an automated (computerized) utility-based financial and accounting system and other various programs. This is a HIGHLY detail oriented position. Naturally, we will be paying close attention to those applicants who read through our post in its entirety. Where it says no phone calls, we mean no phone calls. Those of you who call our office to inquire about this position will not be considered for hire.
Please send resume to reply CL email - NO PHONE CALLS please.