compensation: $15-$16/hour (DOE) plus gratuities employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We're looking for a hard working and talented cook to join our culinary team at The Hatch 4-5 nights per week. This position will report directly to our Executive Chef.
Our restaurant is dinner-only with most shifts starting at 3:00pm. Ideal candidates will have 2-3 years experience in a high volume/fast-paced kitchen environment and be able to provide references from former or current employers. Experience in garde manger and hot line/saute stations is a must.
Cooks are tipped out by service staff and by guests. All grats are included on biweekly paychecks.
We are a casual comfort food and ingredient-focused concept with an open kitchen. Service is fast paced and our cooks work efficiently and cleanly, taking pride in the food we present to our guests. Check out our reviews on Yelp, TripAdvisor, Open Table and Google - we're listed as The Hatch Rotisserie and Bar.
- Perform delegated tasks from Chef and ownership
- Day to day food preparation according to company standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
- Close the kitchen on an as needed basis, adhering to set checklists
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers