Poor Richard's Press is a strong believer that the most important aspect of our company is the execution of our clients goals. We are looking for a skilled Machine Operator Specialist to set up, maintain and operate state-of-the-art machinery ranging from manual binding equipment to fully automated printing process and a wide array in between. You'll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production throughout Poor Richard's Press.
Your role as a Machine Operator Specialist and a member of the Production Team, you are accountable for: meeting the department production and quality goals; playing a key role in meeting company-wide profitability and company satisfaction goals. Contributing to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of an award-winning team and promotes personal growth. Maintaining personal productivity and quality standards that ensure attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth for our staff.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Qualities of the Ideal Machine Operator Specialist
• Quick-learning and able to develop an understanding of the systems and procedures of the company.
• Team player able to maintain an understanding of the capacity of various elements of the Poor Richard's Press production resources and work with these resources to achieve client and company goals.
• Emphasis on high personal productivity and management of work quality produced for clients.
• Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required with experience or vocational/technical certification.
• 1-3 years of mechanical/technical engineering experience.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance.
• Reliable attendance, punctuality and attention to work station.
Working Conditions of the Machine Operator Specialist:
• Standing for prolonged periods of time-up to 8 hours or more per day.
• Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
• Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
• Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
• Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder.
• Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
If you're ready to work with our outstanding Production Team as a Machine Operator Specialist, please bring in or send over a PDF copy of your cover letter and résumé.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers