The San Luis Obispo county YMCA has an opening for a Preschool Teachers Aide!
QR Code Link to This Post
Part time, 12 to 15 hours a week
Under the direction of the Preschool Director, the Preschool Aide is responsible for the supervision, safety and well-being of up to 15-18 children enrolled in the SLO YMCA preschool programs and events (with a qualified Teacher present). Responsibilities will include assisting teachers with planning, developing, and leading recreational, educational and enrichment program activities for preschoolers. The Preschool Aide will work between 4-6 hours per day.
• Listen and smile!Provide courteous, prompt, and sincere attention to participants and parent/guardians.
• Respond to all feedback and complaints in a courteous and timely fashion.
• Treat other staff members, school personnel, volunteers, parents/guardians, and participants with courtesy
• Keep supervisor informed of decisions and refer unresolved situations to supervisor.
• Maintain a positive and helpful attitude with all participants and parents/guardians. Tell parents how their
kids are daily in a positive and meaningful fashion.
• Are creative, flexible, and proactive in the development of all aspects of YMCA programs.
• Willing to collaborate with school and community organizations and citizens.
• Continually take an active role in providing safe conditions at all sites and events.
• Remain with the participants while they are signed into the YMCA site, program, or event.
• Keep accurate daily sign in/out sheets.
• Assist with completion of reports, documentation, accident/incidents forms, etc.
• Communicate problems and concerns to the Preschool Childcare Director.
• Maintain accurate personnel time sheet and turn it in to the Preschool Childcare Director at end of pay
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of children 2 ½ - 5 years.
• Must be at least 18 years of age, High school graduate or equivalent.
• Bi-lingual preferred.
• Completion of 6 units in Early Childhood Development or enrollment in ECE classes.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the
• Good organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude
• Good verbal communications skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school
staff, community partners and volunteers.
• A commitment to the goals and philosophy of the YMCA.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Within the first 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid, child abuse prevention training
• Live scan clearance.
• Health screening and current TB Test, and immunizations as per law.
• (Certifications need to remain current during employment
To be considered for any open position at the Y an application must be received. Please visit: sloymca.org