Be a part of something bigger!
QR Code Link to This Post
The San Luis Obispo County Y has an opening for our Cambria Santa Lucia Middle-School Afterschool program.
Part-time 15-20 hours a week... great fit with college classes!
Under the supervision of the Site Director, the afterschool leader is responsible for the supervision, safety, and well-being of kindergarten through sixth grade students, enrolled in the YMCA at a School District's ASES or Bright Futures After School Program (all grant sites). The Afterschool Leader is responsible for assisting with planning, developing, and leading academic enrichment and recreational program activities for participants.
Assist and follow the Site Director in program planning and implementation.
Are flexible and creative in program planning and implementation.
Organize a variety of stimulating, challenging activities appropriate for youth K-6th grade.
Continually take an active role in providing safe conditions at the site.
Remain with your group at all times during the program day.
Be supportive of the YMCA's inclusive recreation program.
Assist with the planning, developing and leading recreational and enhancement program activities for all participants, including those with special needs
Keep accurate daily records as required by site.
Maintain positive reinforcement for each child and willingness to work with Site Director and parents in order to enhance each child's experience in the program.
Attend staff training and all required staff meetings.
Maintain current certifications.
Provide courteous, prompt and sincere attention to participants and parent(s).
Always strive to improve service.
Keep supervisor informed of decisions and refer unresolved situations to supervisor.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
• Experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of youth K-6th grade..
• 60 college units or AA degree or NCLB (No Child Left Behind) certified by school district.
• Direct experience working with youth in an active recreational and developmental setting and a sincere desire
to have a meaningful effect on the lives of youth.
• Experience with team building and youth development strategies.
• Good organizational skills, initiative and a proactive attitude.
• A commitment to the goals and philosophy of the YMCA and Lucia Mar School District.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Within the first 30 days of employment: CPR /First Aid/AED certificate, child abuse prevention training.
• Bloodborne pathogens training as required.
• Live scan clearance.
• (Certificates must remain current during employment)
To be considered for any open position at the Y, an application must be received. Please visit: sloymca.org