compensation: min 12.25 hr employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Be a part of something bigger!
The San Luis Obispo County Y has an opening for Afterschool Leaders at Baywood and Monarch Grove Schools
Part time; 15-20 hours a week... perfect with a school schedule!
Under the supervision of the Site Director, the Afterschool Recreation Leader is responsible for the supervision, safety and well being of up to 14 children, kindergarten through 6th grade, enrolled in the YMCA's Before & After School Recreation Program. Responsible for assisting with planning, developing and leading recreational and enrichment program activities for participants.
Assist and follow the Site Director in program planning and implementation.
Are flexible and creative in program planning and implementation.
Organize a variety of stimulating, challenging activities appropriate for youth K-6th grade.
Continually take an active role in providing safe conditions at the site.
Remain with your group at all times during the program day.
Be supportive of the YMCA's inclusive recreation program.
Assist with the planning, developing and leading recreational and enhancement program activities for all participants, including those with special needs.
Keep accurate daily records as required by site.
Maintain positive reinforcement for each child and willingness to work with Site Director and parents in order to enhance each child's experience in the program.
Attend staff training and all required staff meetings.
Maintain current certifications.
Treat other staff members with courtesy and respect.
Always strive to improve service.
Education and/or Experience
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Must be minimum 18 years of age.
• Experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of youth K-6th grade.
• 12 ECE units (or equivalent) desired
• Bi-lingual Spanish desired
• Direct experience working with youth in an active recreational and developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on the lives of youth.
• Experience with team building and youth development strategies.
• Excellent organizational skills, initiative and a proactive attitude.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Within the first 30 days of employment: CPR and First Aid/AED, Child Abuse Prevention training
• Blood borne pathogens training as required
• Live scan clearance
• Valid drivers license and car insurance
(all certificates to remain valid during employment)
To be considered for any open position at the Y, an application must be received. Please visit: sloymca.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers