compensation: Based on qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Vista Rosa Living is looking for someone who takes initiative, can lead groups for arts and crafts, decorate, share special skills such as music/singing/dancing, good public speaking, and has experience coordinating special events in several Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly.
Overall Objective: Design, coordinate and implement an activity program to meet the needs and interests of each participant, that encourages self care resumption of normal activities; for those who cannot realistically resume normal activities, to prevent further mental or physical deterioration.
This is a fun job with lots of resident interaction. You will carry out dynamic "program of life" enrichment opportunities, recreation and entertainment for our residents. Use your background and experience in recreation therapy to improve the life of a senior; our residents appreciate your passion and look forward to meeting you!
1. Initiate Life Enrichment Program for dementia residents including activity programs tailored to each resident.
2. Record, date and sign quarterly progress notes in each participant record.
3. Develop, implement and supervise the activity program.
4. Plan, schedule and post a monthly schedule of planned activities in a central location readily accessible to participants, family members and caregivers, staff and visitors.
5. Involve the participants in the planning of regular (repetitive, recurring, and standard) programs as well as special (out of the ordinary and distinctive) programs.
6. Encourage participants to take part in activities suited to their individual needs, interests, and functioning capabilities.
7. Receive regular consultation from the Occupational Therapist and Social Worker.
8. Supervise Program Aides who perform assigned tasks in the delivery of individual or group activities specified in the activity plan.
9. Assign Program Aids to established activities for which the program Aids have special talents, such as Arts and Crafts, Music and Dancing, Flower Arrangements, Foreign Language and Travel Programs, etc.
10. Order and maintain activity equipment and supplies
11. Stay up to date on current trends for Life Enrichment of seniors and implementing new ideas and methods regularly.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and flexible schedules, Full time position available. You will work in our senior living communities that set the standard for quality, hospitality, and professionalism.
• High school diploma or GED (General Educational Development);
• 3 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• First aid and CPR certified.
• Must have medical examination and Tuberculosis (TB) clearance.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Please submit your resumes
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers