About Peace Christian Preschool
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a well-established private Christian preschool centrally located in beautiful Arroyo Grande, just blocks from the shore. We have beautiful, spacious classrooms with a large well-equipped outdoor space.
We are building an empowered team, a team that is supported by administration, board members, and Peace Lutheran Church.
We are seeking an energetic and gifted teacher and a teacher's aid who will encourage exploration and the developmental growth of the children in our facilities.
Current openings are part-time to start (30 hours a week) with a possibility of full-time in the future with excellent benefits. (30 hour a week employees receive paid holidays, paid vacation, and 10 PTO days a year.)
• Help create a warm and inviting climate and maintain welcoming/kind/loving attitudes, forming strong bonds with children, coworkers, and families
• Contribute to creating an environment that is interesting and invites exploration, one that supports children's learning through play
• Provide basic caregiving and light housekeeping within the classroom and campus
• Address the needs of the "whole child," planning for growth opportunities in all developmental domains
• Use developmentally appropriate practices
• Build strong home-school connections
• Help implement ICPS, an interpersonal problem-solving program
• Collaborate with and be supportive of fellow staff members
• Adhere to teaching standards and safety regulations as established by the preschool board of directors and Community Care Licensing / Title 22
• An excitement for teaching and a heart for children
• Willingness to be a TEAM member
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Certificate in first aid and CPR; Provide a record of required immunizations
• Core classes in early childhood education
• Prior child care / daycare experience preferred
• Provide references
• Must pass a fingerprint/background check, a pre-employment physical, and a drug test
• Our hourly rate of pay is competitive ($12.00 - $18.00), depending on your early childhood education, experience, and position