condition: excellent cylinders: 4 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas paint color: custom title status: rebuilt transmission: manual type: other
QR Code Link to This Post
Introduced in Brazil in 1978, the Ventura took over where the VW SP2 left off. The body is fiberglass and because it uses all SP2 window glass, the shape and profile are very similar to the SP2.
Although it’s not an SP2, the Ventura shares many parts with the SP2 including:
• Drive Train
• Chassis (floor pan), Suspension, Steering and Brakes
• Gauges and Switchgear
• All Window Glass and unique driver’s side Windshield Wiper
• Fuel Tank, Parcel Shelf and other interior trim
• Hardware (hinges, hood springs, window lifts, door latches, etc.)
It also shares a few parts with the VW-based Puma including the outside door handles, windshield washer reservoir, steering wheel and steering column controls (wipers and blinkers).
Bought as a derelict in 2013, I’ve spent the intervening years doing a full restoration/rebuild including the following:
• New steel floor pans welded in
• Bodywork and paint to match the original color
• Correct Western Turbine Wheels with new 165/80-R15 tires
• Reconditioned brakes with new parts as needed
• New rubber window seals
• Cleaned and coated fuel tank
• Low mile 1600 VW Type 3 engine with rebuilt heads
• Low mile 4-speed manual transaxle
Interior was reassembled using mostly original parts, all cleaned or painted or otherwise reconditioned. Headliner is new.
Original seats were missing so I replaced them with some nice after-market fully reclining cloth-covered seats mounted on sliding tracts.
This car starts, runs, drives and stops as it should. All that's left is to install carpet (which I didn’t do to leave the new floor exposed for inspection by potential buyers).
Price is negotiable. I would consider trading for a nice Squareback or Notchback.
For more on the Ventura, go to: http://wj2d.100megsdns.com/ventura.html
Call or text Vince at five10-388-002four.
Search terms: VW, Volkswagen, kit car, SP2, Puma
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers